Saturday, September 23, 2017

More dreaded electronic crickets

Today, we tried for a test flight with the airdata probe mounted onto the strut of a friend's Cessna 172. Unfortunately, after getting out to the airport, mounting everything, and sitting in the plane, the probe did not seem to be sending any data to the display. We tried bringing the probe within a few inches of the display, to rule out RF interference problems, and turned both parts off and on again, but no dice.

Part of the problem may be that, in anticipation of the test flight, I repacked the contents of the probe to ensure that they did not jostle around during flight. This may well have messed up the circuits in some way and caused this problem.

Tomorrow we debug.

No comments:

Post a Comment