Wednesday, December 16, 2020

First highway run with probe

 Whelp. I made a non-moving (for now -- no alpha/beta servos) mount for the probe onto the "kite" and it seems to hold together. I got the location of one screw wrong so I had to use some duct tape:

The result of my quick W&B is that it ended up a tiny bit nose heavy, but not by much. That's fine for now. I ran it for the first time on the freeway, up to about 65 mph, in heavy turbulence so I did not push it any further. But overall, it looks stable and, on a quiet morning on an empty street, I expect I could actually get data out of this thing. Here's the video:

No comments :

Post a Comment